Cloud server is a product created on the basis of cloud computing technology. Therefore, it is not difficult to understand when Cloud Server converges the advantages and outstanding features of this modern technology. So what is Cloud Server? This WeGoTT article will answer you with relevant information and learn about how Cloud Server works and benefits.
What is Cloud Server?
A Cloud Server or cloud server is a virtual server running in a cloud computing environment, created by using virtualization software to divide a physical server into multiple virtual servers. Cloud server can perform all the same functions of a traditional physical server, providing processing power, storage and application running.
Cloud Servers have all the software they require to run and can function as standalone units. Cloud Server is often referred to as a virtual server, a virtual private server, or a virtual platform.
Cloud Server can be located anywhere in the world and easily accessed through the Internet environment.
Cloud Server – Cloud Server is an important part of cloud technology. The widespread adoption of server virtualization has largely contributed to the rise and continued growth of cloud computing. Cloud servers power every type of cloud computing delivery model. From infrastructure as a service (IaaS – Infrastructure as a Service) to platform as a service (PaaS – Platform as a Service) and software as a service (SaaS – Software as a Service).
What is the outstanding feature of Cloud Server?
The main reason why Cloud Server receives a lot of sympathy from users and website owners is because:
- High availability: There is a mechanism to automatically monitor the status of servers used in the “cloud”. If one of the virtual administration systems has a problem, the client will be automatically transferred to another server.
- Easy to upgrade: If customers need more resources, just raise the limit on the servers. Or, you just need to create a new virtual server internally to support the business.
- Extremely user-friendly manager: Cloud Server interface based on web 2.0 platform with full of useful features.
- Efficient remote access: every server provides remote access.
- Data backup: Cloud Server system is “backup” and stored weekly as “snapshot” to help ensure data safety at the highest level.
- Advanced security: Cloud Server uses the latest multi-layer security system, full-time protection combined with comprehensive security of data in / out on the system when communicating with the outside.
What are the benefits of Cloud Server?
Some of the benefits that virtual servers bring to businesses include:
- Because all software problems are isolated from the virtual environment, security is high. In addition, other shirt servers will not affect your server and vice versa. That means if other users overload the server, it won’t affect you. This feature is similar to that of physical servers.
- Cloud Server is very stable, fast speed and extremely high security. They help you avoid hardware problems with the physical server. In addition, this is the most stable choice when businesses want to cut their IT budget.
- You can expand or reduce virtual servers very easily. In addition to upgrading memory, you can also add disk space quickly. This is an advantage that I appreciate very much, because it allows me to be more flexible in my work.
- Virtual servers provide faster services. It has the same price as a physical server but you will get more resources. Web sites hosted in the cloud will run faster.
Types of Cloud Servers
Your business can choose one of 2 main models of this virtual server including:
Public Cloud Server
Cloud Server is a virtual machine that the provider will Public Cloud Host on its infrastructure. They then provide it to you using the Web interface or using the control panel.
This model is called Infrastructure As Aa Service (IaaS) and it is well known by many users. Some popular examples of virtual machines include Alibaba Cloud, Azure, Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud, and Google Compute Engine.
Public Cloud Server
Private Cloud Server
The shirt server can also be a desktop instance in an on-premises Private Cloud. For this case, your business will distribute virtual servers to internal users. You can grant local network users or even users outside the Internet.
The difference between these 2 types of virtual servers is that Private exists in the organization’s own infrastructure. As for the Public virtual server, it will be owned and operated outside of the organization.
Benefits of using Cloud Server for business
The choice to use Cloud Server will depend on the needs of the business, its specific application and workload requirements. Some of the potential benefits of Cloud Server include:
Easy to use
Service providers can provide a server in just a few minutes. When renting a virtual server, businesses don’t need to worry about server installation, maintenance, or other tasks that come with owning a physical server.
Cloud Server can globalize workloads. With a traditional centralized data center, administrators can still access workloads globally, but network latency and disruption can reduce performance for geographically remote users. .
By hosting duplicate versions of workloads in different global regions, businesses can benefit from faster and more reliable access.
Cost savings – Increased flexibility
Compared to a physical server and its maintenance costs, Cloud Server can save businesses money, especially for workloads that only need to run temporarily or are not used very often.
Cloud Server is typically used for transient workloads, such as software development and testing; as well as for workloads that need to increase or decrease resources based on demand.
What are the benefits of using a cloud server?
Greater stability and security
Cloud Server gives business users stability and security because any software issues are isolated from your environment. Other cloud servers will not affect your cloud server and vice versa. If other users overload their cloud server, this will not affect your cloud server, unlike physical servers.
Cloud Server provides faster service. You will get more resources and faster service than the same price of a physical server. At the same time, the website hosted in the cloud will also run faster.